[Ux] Status of PMT pull requests for third pilot phase

Christophe Strobbe strobbe at hdm-stuttgart.de
Wed Mar 11 06:22:05 EDT 2015

Hi,

The Cloud4all pilot team asked me to check the status of the JIRAs
related to the PMT. While doing this, I noticed that most of these
JIRA's had "Year 3" or "Year 3 Review" as "Fix Version/s". In the
interest of planning the third pilot phase, I have added "Pilot 3" to
the following JIRAs:
(I listed GPII-1029 first because it blocks at least one other pull
request - the one for GPII-1014.)

* GPII-1029: "Adjust PMT/PCP to use the new API provided by GPII
server": <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-1029>.
  (This ticket did not have "Fix version/s" info.)
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/88>: this
pull request has comments by Justin and Antranig which, in my opinion,
can be handled in a separate JIRA + pull request.

* GPII-1091: "Install and run PMT inside Node js":
<http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-1091>.
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/90>: as far
as I can see, Nikos addressed Justin's comments.

* GPII-1019: "Creation of context condition panel":
<http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-1019>.
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/89>: as far
as I can see, Nikos addressed Justin's comments.

* GPII-803: "Implement Mobile adjusters for C4A":
<http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-803>.
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/87>: this
pull request has many line notes by Justin and no updates in the code
since these comments were made.

* GPII-1018: "Creation of context set panel":
<http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-1018>.
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/86>: this was
last updated after the review; as far as I can tell from the comments,
the only thing missing is unit tests.

* GPII-1014: "Replace the slider adjuster for cursor size with
plus/minus text field adjuster": <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-1014>.
  (This ticket did not have "Fix version/s" info.)
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/85>:
according to Justin's last comment, this pull request seems ready but
will need to be tested after pull request
<https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/88> (GPII-1029: new GPII
server API) is merged.

* GPII-1023: "Adjuster auto-adjust":
<http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-1023>.
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/84>: this is
pending until we finalise the discussion about a new "common term" that
enables or disables auto-adjust; see Nikos' mail to the Architecture
list from 19 November:
<http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/architecture/2014-November/002941.html>.

* GPII-947: "Log-in tab": <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-947>.
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/81>: last
change (3 November): Nikos added commits in response comments from Justin.

* GPII-729: "NVDA often reads 'application' and we don't know what it
refers to": <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-729>.
  Pull request: <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/74>: it is
not clear to me whether this pull request has been replaced with or
outdated by <https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/79> (which was
merged into master in September 2014) or not.

* GPII-752: "Add status messages to allow the user to know what's
happening in the system": <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-752>.
  Pull request (from ASTEA):
<https://github.com/GPII/prefsEditors/pull/71>: the comments contain a
long conversation between Justin and Alex; Alex added his last commits
on 29 September 2014.

If any of the above JIRA tickets are not required for the third pilot
phase, I think that the "Fix version/s" label needs to be changed to
"Year 4" because "Year 3" is already in the past and is therefore not
helpful.

Nikos, when you go through the pull requests, I would appreciate it if
you added your updates to the pull requests themselves instead of only
sending an e-mail to Kasper. This way, the status information stays
together with the source code instead of in an e-mail that is separate
from the actual pull requests. This would also make it easier for me to
track the status and pass that information on to the SP4 team.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

“It is possible to make a living making free software for freedom
instead of closed-source proprietary malware for cops.”
Jacob Appelbaum,
<http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/12/28/jacob-appelbaum-on-resisting-the-surveillance-state/>