[Ux] Possible technical barrier for the implementation of GPII-562

Chris Petsos cpetsos at certh.gr
Tue Mar 18 08:05:17 EDT 2014

Hi Justin and all,

I've started some preliminary work on GPII-562 - Add selfVoicingEnabled
adjuster, <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-562>i know this /might/ be
in scope for pilots2, but the outcome of these considerations may affect
our decision.
Now the techy part... my work is in progress at,
https://github.com/chrispetsos/prefsEditors/tree/GPII-562
The problems with the implementation of this adjuster are summarized as
follows:
1) It needs to support the changing of two common terms (
screenReaderTTSEnabled, selfVoicingEnabled) while each adjuster in
composite panels should support only one as described here,
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/docs/Composite+Panels
2) According to the design frames
<http://issues.gpii.net/secure/attachment/10375/speak%20text%20adjusters.pdf>both
the setting of screenReaderTTSEnabled and selfVoicingEnabled affect the
showing/hiding of the same hidden adjuster group. It's the first time we
see such a scenario and according to some tests i've made it is not
supported. A set of adjusters can only be bound to a single preference
setting for showing/hiding.

Do you think there can be a quick workaround to have this for the pilot
tests if it is needed?

Thanks,

Chris.