[Ux] Filtering settings for live updates: MM, PCP, Semantic Framework? (was: PCP PMT Meeting, June 26, 2014)

Christophe Strobbe strobbe at hdm-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 26 11:33:50 EDT 2014

Hi,

In the PCP/PMT meeting, we discussed two issues that require input from
other teams. This is the second sub-thread (the first one is about
whether to continue work on live updates).

Recently, Alexander Milchev asked on both the UX list and the
Architecture list [1] whether the PCP should display adjusters for
settings that do not trigger live changes in solutions. (For the pilots,
the PCP only displays adjusters that trigger live updates in solutions.)
If we decide to continue displaying only adjusters that trigger live
updates, the next question is how the PCP should know whether a setting
supports live updates. Previously, we agreed that the matchmakers should
determine which settings should be made available in the PCP (see
GPII-543 and GPII-440 [2]). However, does this mean that the matchmaker
should filter settings that support live updates, or should the PCP do
this after receiving its payload from the matchmaker? It makes more
sense for the matchmaker to do the filtering.
The next question then is: where does a matchmaker get the information
whether a setting can trigger live updates? I think this should be
available in the Solutions Registry (see GPII-631) or the Semantic
Framework (see GPII-632 [3]), so the matchmaker can get it from there.

Could the MM and Semantic Framework teams provide some input on this?

[1] On UX: <http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/ux/2014-June/001064.html>;
on Architecture:
<http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/architecture/2014-June/002452.html>.
[2] <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-543> and
<http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-440>.
[3] <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-631> and
<http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-632>.

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

"La vie est courte, hélas! et je n'ai pas encore lu tous mes livres!" (d'après Mallarmé).