[Ux] Reviewing your JIRAs for tomorrows PCP/PMT meeting

Kasper Markus kasper at raisingthefloor.org
Mon Oct 21 11:40:30 EDT 2013

Hi Alexander, Boyan, Chris, Jess and Yura,

Michelle and I have been going through the pilot scenario about 800
times, and we have come up with what we believe to be a list of JIRAs
describing the complete work remaining to make the pilots a reality.

The list can be found here:
http://issues.gpii.net/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20GPII%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Pilot%202%22%20ORDER%20BY%20assignee%20ASC

I would like to request that all of you, *for each of the JIRAs assigned
to you:*

  * Read through the JIRA, add any details you think are missing and
    review it to *check if you have any questions*
  * *Check that you are indeed the one who should be assigned* (and
    hence responsible) for that JIRA. If not, let me know so I can
    ensure that the proper person is assigned and that they know it has
    been assigned to them
  * For those that you are able to, please d*o an estimate of how long
    it will take* to complete the task.

The plan is to discuss any questions/anything that is unclear*tomorrow,
Tuesday 22., at the PCP/PMT meeting*. Then, this Thursday, we will ask
everyone to have done their final estimates for each of the JIRAs so we
can find out when the final date should be

If you notice any functionality missing from the list of JIRAs, please
add the new JIRA and let me know.

PS: Below is the list of JIRAs listed by steps in the pilot testing plan:

1. User uses platform A (either Windows or Linux) and the PMT to create
a new GPII account and insert preferences

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-240

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-253

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-153

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-187

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-188

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-225

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-226

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-227

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-230

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-232

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-256

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-271

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-267

2. User savesand applies their preferences, which saves the preferences
(to the preferences server), and system automatically applies them to
the system, generates a token and shows theuser what their new token is

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-254

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-239

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-236

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-246

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-256

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-269

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-266

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-265

3. Facilitator puts the token on USB or NFC/RFID

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-255

4. Facilitator takes a snapshot of the settingsfor purposes of loggingof
the solutions we are testing: Orca, NVDA, Supernova, Maavis, built in
Windows and Linux a11y features

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-228

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-229

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-139

5a. User uses PCP to modify settings and immediately sees the changes on
the system. User then saves them.

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-75

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-264

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-272

5b. User manually modifies settings in the ATs.

6. Facilitator takes a snapshot of the settingsfor purposes of logging -
in case of manually modified settings in step 5b, the snapshotted
settings are uploaded to the prefs server

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-257

7.  Facilitator selects a matchmaker(see questions above)

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-234

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-258

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-270

8. User logsout of Platform A

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-262

9. User logs into platform B (Windows, Linux, Android, Simple phone,
Windows tablet)

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-246

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-276

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-275

10.  Facilitator takes a snapshot of the settings for the purposes of
logging of the solutions we are testing: platform A solutions, Android
built in a11y features, Android mobile a11y app, Java phones built in
featuresand conf call app, smarthouse, eCtouch , eC mobile, Sociable,
Google Chrome

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-263

11. User manually tweaks settings

12. Facilitator takes another snapshot of the settings(using the logging
tool or manually, depending on the SP3 application)

13. User logs out of the system

Continuing scenario for Non-sighted users:

14. User logs into platform A withmultiple screen readers installed -
Supernova and NVDA

15.The system either gives the user the option of which screen reader
to  launch OR picks a screen reader and tells the user why it was selected.

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-268

  * http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-250

    --
    Kasper Galschiot Markus