[Ux] Infusion Fluid UI Options for Cloud4All

Zenevich, Yura yzenevich at ocadu.ca
Tue Feb 12 11:10:14 EST 2013

Thanks Kasper for providing the links.

Chris, you are correct at pointing out that the default set of features is currently set to be within those categories. It is possible to extend UI Options to support other user preferences that you mentioned and you can see the example here: https://github.com/fluid-project/videoPlayer/tree/master/demos (it's also deployed here: http://build.fluidproject.org/videoPlayer/videoPlayer/demos/Mammals.html). This repo has an example of UIOptions integrated with a video player which means the UIOptions component supports some of the non-default preferences related to media.

We are currently working on simplifying the whole process of configuring and extending the UI Options component as it is not a straightforward process at the moment. We are planning on simplifying the way specific user preferences are combined into UI Options panels. Essentially our goal is to make UI Options support a whole variety of user preferences that might be present in PCP and PMT.

I suggest, you take a look at our Get Involved page on the wiki http://fluidproject.org/getinvolved/ as it would be extremely beneficial to have you involved throughout the work that we are doing on UI Options. Also, as Kasper mentioned, we are always available in the #fluid-work and #fluid-tech IRC channels and can help you out with any questions you might have.

Regards,

Yura

On 2013-02-12, at 10:30 AM, Michelle D'Souza <michelled33 at gmail.com<mailto:michelled33 at gmail.com>>