[SmartHouses] Remaining work for the SmartHouse online simulation

Tsakou Gianna gtsakou at singularlogic.eu
Tue Jul 22 04:35:22 EDT 2014

Hi Boyan,

What you propose sounds find to me. On the other hand, it might make a bit more sense to keep this activity (actually, any SP3 activity) throughout the lifetime of the project, in parallel with the architecture evolution. The rationale is that the architecture will evolve further during year 4 and it will be a pity to miss out integrating these further developments and having a more impressive demo because the activity stops earlier. But I fully understand the issue of PMs, no one should be doing more work than planned or unpaid work. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to extend this activity time-wise and use the remaining effort you have till the end of the project, instead of till the end of August. We would need to check this with Manuel, of course, but I think it makes sense. For now, to avoid overspending, you could freeze the activity and wait till the architecture supports more advanced features (e.g. 2 users in parallel), then spend the remaining effort.
I do not know if this makes sense from your part in terms time planning, human resources, etc. Let me know your thoughts. Either way, it is fine for me.
Thanks for the proactive planning.

Gianna