[SmartHouses] Remaining work for the SmartHouse online simulation

Boyan Sheytanov bsheytanov at asteasolutions.com
Mon Jul 21 11:18:58 EDT 2014

Hi everyone!

A305.3, the Smart house online simulation is ending in August according to
the DoW. At roughly the same time we will be running out of person months
on the activity. Therefore, we have created an implementation plan for
completing the simulation, which you can review in Google Drive
<https://docs.google.com/a/asteasolutions.com/spreadsheets/d/1MAy0zVzyWHrvDbO8suAlPDUvlg8em5XfnQBzNZs_HGw/edit#gid=0>.
It is based on a discussion Gregg, Svetlana, and I had at HCII2014 in
Crete. The summary is as follows:

   -

   We will support adaptations for low vision users in the appliances
   themselves.
   -

   We will support adaptations for cognitive and motor impairments via the
   phone as a controller.
   -

   We will support adaptations for the blind by ensuring the simulation is
   accessible via a screen reader.
   -

   We will demonstrate conflict resolution between two users by defining
   rules for that in the simulation itself (since we won't have architectural
   support for that yet).

All other tasks won't get implemented (you can see them below line 14 in
the spreadsheet linked above).

We plan to leave 0.5PMs in the activity for Year 4 -- so that we have
allocated effort for responding to architectural changes and user feedback
from the pilots.

Let me know if you have questions or comments.

http://www.asteasolutions.com

criminal offense. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
Astea Solutions AD immediately by reply e-mail, and delete this e-mail and
any copies of it.*