[Architecture] [OT] Blue Jays game

Tyler Roscoe tyler at raisingthefloor.org
Thu May 23 17:28:00 UTC 2019

For the last two years, I've tried to attend a Toronto Blue Jays baseball
game during the F2F meetings. This year the schedules finally aligned, so
I'm organizing an informal, non-GPII-sanctioned trip to Rogers Centre to
watch the Jays take on the New York Yankees.

*WHEN:* Thursday, June 6, 19:07
   * I will try to head down a little early, as it is Pride Night
<https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/tickets/theme-days/pride-night> and they are
giving away nifty rainbow-themed Blue Jays hoodies to the first 15k
attendees!

*WHERE:* Rogers Centre (easily accessed by transit or ride-sharing)

*WHO:* Open to cool folks of all ages, so feel free to invite friends,
family, etc.

*HOW MUCH:* Right now, the cheapest tickets are $33.50 CAD.
   * My experience is that unless you're willing to pay for pretty good
seats, the difference between the cheapest seats and the next several price
points is negligible. I'm open to spending more and sitting closer if
others are interested, but I expect we'll be in the cheap seats high above
the action on the ground.
   * This event is assigned seating, so I will buy all the tickets together.
   * Consequently, there are no returns and no refunds. If you ask me to
buy you tickets, I will do it and you will owe me money even if you are
unable to attend. I accept cash or whatever else we can figure out for
international payment options (paypal? hand-delivered jamón iberico?).

*HOW DO I SIGN UP:* Email me! Tentative confirmations so far: me, Alfredo,
Sergey, Stepan, (the entire ops team!), JJ, Colin

*I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASEBALL. WILL YOU EXPLAIN IT TO ME DURING THE
GAME USING YOUR PATENTED HALF-CONDESCENDING, HALF-WHIMSICAL,
AMERICAN-CENTRIC RHETORICAL STYLE?* Of course! You can also watch this
instructional video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpTPm1R4_AM> that
Sergey found.

Play ball!,