[Architecture] Shutting down AWS infrastructure

Tyler Roscoe tyler at raisingthefloor.org
Fri Jun 14 04:20:38 UTC 2019

The AWS infrastructure is shut down.

We still use AWS for DNS (and some other non-Morphic bits, as Gregg said)
but I've deleted all other RtF resources. For details on remaining cleanup
work, see https://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-3591.

This infrastructure represented some of GPII's first steps into the real
world -- our first Cloud users saved their preferences here. aws-prd
supported a crucial demonstration for the steering committee and enabled
the Morphic 1.0 Pilots. The code had its ugly bits and sharp edges, but we
learned a lot about how to build and operate cloud infrastructure by
developing it. And, though we've paid it little attention in the last year
or so, it has hummed along without downtime and with only rare, transient
deployment problems.

It was a good infrastructure.