[Architecture] couchdb upgrade

Tony Atkins tony at raisingthefloor.org
Tue Apr 23 10:14:36 UTC 2019

Hi, Tyler.

I just double-checked to confirm, the gpii-couchdb-test-harness used in
testing universal is not pinned to a specific version, so it just pulls the
latest couchdb docker image.  2.3 was published in February, so we've
already been testing with 2.3 for a while in CI in environment that can
directly use docker.

We install CouchDB within Windows VMs using an installer, and the
provisioning script used in windows tests is pinned to 2.3.0
<https://github.com/GPII/windows/blob/master/provisioning/CouchDB.ps1#L53>.
The gpii-app repo reuses the provisioning script from the windows repo
<https://github.com/GPII/gpii-app/blob/master/provisioning/Build.ps1#L46>,
so it looks to me like our core projects that use CouchDB are already
tested with 2.3.0.

Cheers,

Tony