[Architecture] FYI

Gregg Vanderheiden GPII gregg at raisingthefloor.org
Fri Aug 31 05:54:55 UTC 2018

AT the UX meeting today we Renamed the QSS to the QuickStrip in prep for the upcoming Pilots

we did this to disambiguate the name from new functionality that will be coming out soon.   (Quick Sets)   similar to  SnapSets but deemed easier to understand (by team and our user testers) — and because they can be used both as SnapSets and as  “starter sets” for people.

I mention specifically because you are doing documentation - so wanted to give you a heads up.

other changes

Changing name of QSS to     Morphic QuickStrip —    or  QuickStrip   for short.
We have removed the “YouTube caption” button
because it almost never works (it always functionally works but there are very few websites that use the API necessary for it to work, including the entire YouTube website which does not use the YouTube API)
 we have added a “ Reset All to Standard” button
  which will reset the entire computer back to a standard configuration, turning off all AT and setting all  Windows configuration features back to the standard-setting
 For now, the “standard configuration” file will be handmade.
 In the future there will be a function that system installers can use to determine what they want the “standard configuration” to be
 the “more window”  is being updated
  it will now be movable, resizable, and can be kept visible if desired
Other changes
 there are some other tweaks and changes to fix things
 they can all be viewed - if you like - at the bottom of the QSS (now QuickStrip)  specification sheet at  New QuickStrip Specifications <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w1NeG557sTJGfj2ysZhXm4IjvPnLCrPEh380xhiCVA4/edit#heading=h.bma48a8drrsy>(click the link and wait - it will go to page and then, after 5 seconds, jump down to the NEW QuickStrip specifications.