[Architecture] Search Equivalent to mailto

gregg at raisingthefloor.org gregg at raisingthefloor.org
Thu Aug 23 13:29:31 UTC 2018

Is there a search equivalent to the mailto  markup in HTML?

That is, is there a way to have a link that when you click on it it will open up a given string in the user’s default search engine?

We would like to make it so that it is possible for someone to be able to just click on a phrase in our webpage (Unified Listing) and have it open up in a search engine, but we don’t want to decide in advance which search engine is used.

If it’s not available in HTML markup, is there a simple JavaScript function or something like that that we can use.

Thanks much

Gregg