[Architecture] Anyone with a hi-dpi display on windows?

Steve Grundell sgrundell at raisingthefloor.org
Tue Aug 7 23:31:03 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:32 PM, <gregg at raisingthefloor.org> wrote:

> Gregg
>
> On Aug 7, 2018, at 5:23 PM, Steve Grundell <sgrundell at raisingthefloor.org>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks Gregg.
>
> So, I presume when you key-in with one of the "Larger" snapsets, it
> actually gets larger? (otherwise I would have heard about it by now)
>

> the VIAOs all start out at 100%  so they all get bigger.    And they are
> the only ones who really used the SnapSets so that is why you didnt hear
> about it.
>
>  on computers with high res and small screens  that start out at 200%
>  (high res / small screen is the combination that gives you large
> “recommended” values ) we have the ‘reverse’ problem where the screen
> actually gets smaller with LARGER keys.

ok yes, that's just what I expected. However, when I just tried (on both a
125% and 200% recommended) it larger does make it larger, and I couldn't
believe my eyes.

> That does surprise me - and I'm aware of how stupid that makes me look,
> considering I implemented it.
>

> Not at all.  If your computer doesnt have a high ‘recommendation’  there
> isnt any way you would catch it.   We didnt catch on here to what was going
> on til just recently.
>

> It appears that the setting I'm adjusting already takes into account the
> "recommended" value, and the QSS just needs tweaking.
>

> Really?    can you explain more?
> So you are not setting the screen scaling %
> (or are you taking about the new thing you are doing — vs the old way?
> or???

Old - what you currently have.

Well, that's the thing. I don't know precisely what I'm setting - it's
undocumented.

It's a number, where I've worked out that 0=100%, 1=125%, 2=150%, ...
However, on a "200% recommended" screen, I'm seeing: ..., -1=175%, 0=200%,
1=225%, ... and larger keys make it larger.

Which is why I'm thinking I was, without realising, setting it as relative
to the recommendation, rather than absolute.