[Architecture] Anyone with a hi-dpi display on windows?

gregg at raisingthefloor.org gregg at raisingthefloor.org
Tue Aug 7 22:32:27 UTC 2018

Gregg

> On Aug 7, 2018, at 5:23 PM, Steve Grundell <sgrundell at raisingthefloor.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks Gregg.
>
> So, I presume when you key-in with one of the "Larger" snapsets, it actually gets larger? (otherwise I would have heard about it by now)

the VIAOs all start out at 100%  so they all get bigger.    And they are the only ones who really used the SnapSets so that is why you didnt hear about it.

 on computers with high res and small screens  that start out at 200%  (high res / small screen is the combination that gives you large “recommended” values ) we have the ‘reverse’ problem where the screen actually gets smaller with LARGER keys.

> That does surprise me - and I'm aware of how stupid that makes me look, considering I implemented it.

Not at all.  If your computer doesnt have a high ‘recommendation’  there isnt any way you would catch it.   We didnt catch on here to what was going on til just recently.

> It appears that the setting I'm adjusting already takes into account the "recommended" value, and the QSS just needs tweaking.

Really?    can you explain more?
So you are not setting the screen scaling %
(or are you taking about the new thing you are doing — vs the old way?
or???