[Architecture] Data loaders for loading data into CouchDB

Li, Cindy cli at ocadu.ca
Tue Aug 9 15:33:48 UTC 2016

Thanks for bringing up the security concern, Benjamin. I’m thinking in the real production case, data loaders probably should not be deployed at all, just like not having tests included in library release builds.

Since GPII is still under development including the production mode, these data loaders are more for loading test production server data to lay a base ground for people to play with.

The prefs data are all *.json files at https://github.com/GPII/universal/tree/master/testData/preferences/
The auth server data is at https://github.com/GPII/universal/blob/master/testData/security/TestOAuth2DataStore.js#L28-L105

Seems to me it doesn’t make sense for these data to go into a real production, in which case, all documents may start as empty and actual data may come in from certain interfaces.

I’m not sure if the use case of the real production and where its initial data come from have ever been talked about, but knowing more about that will certainly help to determine how to deal with data loaders.