[Architecture] PCP Specs and funding

Gregg Vanderheiden gregg at raisingthefloor.org
Fri Jul 3 11:10:56 EDT 2015

In not sure I understand.

when you say

> if there are any questions (conflicts):
> 1. the MM creates a combined pref set (e.g. using the first user’s settings X)
> 2. the MM presents a dialog to the users informing them about the MM decision on X
> (3. the MM presents an adjuster to the users letting them alter X if X does not satisfy both users)
>
> We implement only 1 + 2 in Cloud4all. 3 would be nice to have but requires PCP implementation effort. Thus, we go only with 1+2.

maybe just a wording problem but..
this appears to say (if we put it bluntly)  “if there is a conflict we just ignore the second person and tell them we are using the first person’s setting”

I’m sure that isnt what is meant.  which is why I am asking.
(That wouldn’t be much of a conflict resolution.)

Do you mean that
2. The MM presents a dialog (using the first persons settings for the format of the dialog box)  presenting the MM's  recommendation.  The MM will start with presenting the first person’s preference as the resolution for the conflict and ask if that is ok?   If not it will xxxxxx

or something else?

thanks

PS  also for #1 do you mean ?
> 1. the MM creates a combined pref set (e.g. using BOTH the first user’s settings X  AND THE SECOND PERSONS SETTINGS WHERE THERE ARE NO CONFLICTS )

gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg at raisingthefloor.org