[Architecture] Ensuring the statistical matchmaker works before Luxembourg

Kasper Markus kasper at markus.dk
Wed Jan 14 04:22:53 EST 2015

Hi Andy,

There is nothing in the system that allows identifying the device by ID
and I think we're too late in attempting to implementing it seeing how
it's less than 1 week until we're live in Luxembourg. We have talked
about the ability to manually set contexts via the PCP, but that was
never in scope for the review (and wouldn't have worked out in this case
anyway, as the PCP in it's current shape wouldn't work on DTV nor Kiosk).

I think the idea of making the SMM default might be the best option -
but this does mean that you would need to ensure that the SMM works in
/all the scenarios/ where we need matchmaking and SMM isn't specifically
set as active (ie. when demoing the PMT, security, etc). In either case,
we need to find a solution to this as soon as possible - the reason for
preaching early integration for the past 6 months is to avoid being in
situations like this 1 week ahead of the review...

~Kasper