[Architecture] Ensuring the statistical matchmaker works before Luxembourg

Thomas Soens Thomas.Soens at tpvision.com
Tue Jan 13 11:47:25 EST 2015

Hi Kasper,

When can I expect the deployment of the SMM?

At the moment everything runs locally on the TV.
I need to make a production build of the DTV software for the demo.  This means that the gpii code cannot be changed anymore once that build is flashed on the TV.
Making such a production build is a long process (a day) designed to ensure all DRM keys within the TV remain secure and no untrusted code can be run.

I would need to make the necessary configuration changes before the meeting in Luxembourg.  If there would be an issue, I could make just one new production build in Luxembourg.
I have asked to have write access on the gpii files on TV to do it on the fly in Luxembourg, but our architecture team normally doesn’t allow opening the system on a production build (because it allows running untrusted code).

It seems like a big risk to me to add this component to a demo at this time.

Kind regards,
Thomas