[Architecture] Ensuring the statistical matchmaker works before Luxembourg

Andreas Stiegler stiegler at hdm-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 13 09:00:12 EST 2015

Hi Kasper,

The blocks in the pref set are only to ensure that the SMM I used (given the dispatcher is included in the Luxemburg version).

The idea behind those two SMM scenarios is, that both are scenarios where vlad encounters devices that he never used before (ticket machine, hotel screen), but were used by many other people already. So what the SMM does is searching through its database for users that have similarity to the other settings that vlad used in the past and infer settings for it (and magically, our training data for the review covers both the vending machine and the dtv well).

We did tests with the SMM here covering both scenarios. So unless vlads pref set changed, all should be fine. We were never able to test it with the actual vending machine or screen hardware of course.

Testing should be rather simple as the SMM is being deployed on the IDRC cloud. Once that’s done you should just be able log in with the pref set and the respective context active. The dispatcher will forward to the SMM and apply the settings.

The whole call chain works and was tested over here, but I don’t know if the dispatcher is already in.

If you want to install the SMM locally, just go to https://github.com/REMEXLabs/GPII-Statistical-Matchmaker , and follow the instructions (npm install and delete duplicate infusion inclues).

I’ll only be available very sporadically this week, as I’m giving guest lectures in Glasgow.

Best regards,

Andy