[Architecture] CLOUD4ALL: Login/logout and registration URLs back-end

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 09:08:52 EDT 2014

Hi Kostas,

On Sep 12, 2014, at 1:13 PM, Kostas Kalogirou <kalogir at certh.gr> wrote:

> We are working on sign up process on PMT using the latest wireframes (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/download/attachments/34570511/PMT-responsetologinissues-explorations.pdf ).
> We are wondering which URLs we have to call in order to login, logout and register a new user to GPII.
> For example, for login and logout, we assume the following URLs have to be used:
> ·         localhost:8081/user/<token>/login
> ·         localhost:8081/user/<token>/logout
> Right?

Yes, those URLs are correct.

>  Additionally, there are the following queries regarding the login page back-end.
> 1.       Is there a URL to call in order to check whether the email or the username is available(page 1 fromhttp://wiki.fluidproject.org/download/attachments/34570511/PMT-responsetologinissues-explorations.pdf )?

There is no service in the system that can store, manage, or validate usernames and email addresses. I don't yet know when we will have such a service, as we'll be relying on contributions outside of Cloud4All to cover part of this work. If you or another partner you know of has person months related to this task, please let us know.

> 4.       Will the token be provided by the server running in http://preferences.gpii.net/user/?

Yes. Tokens are generated by the Preferences Server when a new preference set is POSTed to the server.

Colin