[Architecture] Switching between Node versions on Windows

Christophe Strobbe strobbe at hdm-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 1 11:18:31 EDT 2014

Hi,

My colleague Alex made me aware of nvmw (Simple Node Manager for
Windows), which you can use (for example) to switch between different
versions of Node.js: <https://github.com/hakobera/nvmw>. I added this
info to the wiki at
<http://wiki.gpii.net/w/Setting_Up_Your_Development_Environment#Dependencies>.

Some sections in the page with the installation instructions still
mentioned "build.cmd" for Windows even though this has been replaced by
"grunt build". This has now been updated. However, I'm not sure whether
"grunt build" can lead to the same kind of errors as build.cmd in the
troubleshooting section:
<http://wiki.gpii.net/w/Setting_Up_Your_Development_Environment#Troubleshooting>.
(This was an issue documented by CERTH; I have never encountered it.)

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

"La vie est courte, hélas! et je n'ai pas encore lu tous mes livres!" (d'après Mallarmé).