[Architecture] Matchmaker Technical Meeting, round #5 - Doodle poll

Claudia Loitsch claudia.loitsch at tu-dresden.de
Tue Apr 29 05:53:51 EDT 2014

Hi Andy and Andres,

some thoughts:

Andy`s sketch illustrates a possible flow between the mini-matchmaker
and a cloud one. A main extend to our current approach is that a cloud
matchmaker delivers instructions (M3) to the mini matchmaker. The whole
diagram is abstract and does not include how components of the
architecture are involved.

Andres diagram shows a draft how the CAS could be included in the
architecture. It says that there is no direct communication between a
cloud matchmakers and a mini matchmaker. Instead, communication between
both MMs occurs indirect via the flow manager. As far as I know Colin
and you Andres have worked on the integration process while writing the
new architecture deliverable. It would be interesting what are the
results until now.

As both diagrams are different, I think the questions is not which
diagram is preferred ;) The question is rather if we can reduce both
diagrams to a common denominator.

Well, I think we could achieve following decisions in the call later today:

* do we seek a direct communication between cloud-based MMs and the mini
matchmaker?
* do we agree on the new output M3 of a cloud-based matchmaker to
instruct the mini matchmaker?
** how could these instructions look like? Do we have already examples?
* As Andy`s diagram is abstract is does not say how cloud-based MMs
receive input (preferences+context). Even if we have discussed this
already, we need a decision if the MMs fetch all required input or if we
keep our current approach which means that cloud-based MMs receive input
as parameters.

Apart from this, I believe we need more real examples workflows that
help us defining payloads and APIs for the following scenarios:

* default: the cloud-based matchmaker delivers M3 instructions for the
mini matchmaker
* extended: define an example workflow if the mini matchmaker needs to
call a cloud-based matchmaker?
** when does this happen?
** what happens then?
* default: feedback loop - MMs-PCP; MMM-PCP?
* ... to collect more scenarios that need to be sketched up. Lets sum up
a list of functions (workflows) that need to be drafted.

Best regards,

Claudia

--
Dipl.-Medieninf. Claudia Loitsch