[Architecture] Saving preferences sets via the FlowManager?

Boyan Sheytanov bsheytanov at asteasolutions.com
Tue Apr 29 03:38:29 EDT 2014

Hi Colin!

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM, Colin Clark <colinbdclark at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was thinking about this over the weekend and wondered why the Smart
> Houses simulation is making changes to a user’s preference set? Does it
> include some kind of built-in preferences editor? Is it using the
> Preferences Framework that is also being used by your team to build the
> PCP, or is something completely separate?

When presented with the UI of a given house appliance (e.g. a washing
machine), the user can tweak its settings (e.g. fabric, temperature,
spinning speed). We want to provide the ability to save such a set as a
favorite -- so that the user can load it later. So the simulation will only
be updating the user preference set with application-specific settings
relevant to the Smart Houses app. There is no built-in preference editor --
but rather a change in settings for an appliance can be captured if the
user decides to. We are not using the Preferences Framework, but rely on
AngularJS <https://angularjs.org/> for data binding.

http://www.asteasolutions.com

criminal offense. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
Astea Solutions AD immediately by reply e-mail, and delete this e-mail and
any copies of it.*