[Architecture] Saving preferences sets via the FlowManager?

Boyan Sheytanov bsheytanov at asteasolutions.com
Fri Apr 25 08:02:40 EDT 2014

If we step back a bit, are the following statements correct (we want to
save application-specific settings for the SmartHouses app)?

   - We should make an HTTP POST request to the cloud-based Flow Manager --
   the URL is https://flowmanager.gpii.net/save/%token;
   - The data part of the above request should contain preferences in the
   exact same format that a GET request to the Preferences Server would return;

Also, will this do an overwrite or a merge?

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Colin Clark <colinbdclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Accessing the Preferences Server directly will increasingly be
> discouraged--and eventually removed entirely—for third-party applications.
> Our goal is to use the Flow Managers—the local Flow Manager for desktop
> applications and the cloud-based Flow Manager for web applications—as the
> primary point for accessing and saving preferences in the system.
>
> As far as I know, the /save resource is just a straight pass-through proxy
> to the Preferences Server at the moment, so its payload should be
> consistent with what you’d send to the Preferences Server.

http://www.asteasolutions.com

criminal offense. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
Astea Solutions AD immediately by reply e-mail, and delete this e-mail and
any copies of it.*