[Architecture] Problems found at end-to-end validation

Christophe Strobbe strobbe at hdm-stuttgart.de
Wed Apr 23 10:46:02 EDT 2014

Hi Eleni, All,

On 23/04/2014 16:02, hchalkia at certh.gr wrote:
> Hi all,
> I did some tests today going from Windows to Linux and vice versa. Below
> you may see my main problems.

Can you specify where the errors occur? (See more specific questions below.)

> Go to the PCP and choose high contrast black on yellow --> error.The
> system should automatically switch to high contrast but nothing happened
Since you say "the system", I assume the error occurs only in the OS,
not the PCP itself? Does this error occur when going from Windows to
Linux, when going from Linux to Windows or in both directions? Neither
Windows 7 nor Fedora 20 with Gnome have a "black on yellow" theme (does
any OS have such a theme??). Windows should probably fall back to "High
Contrast White" (black on white). Fedora 20's default installation does
not have such a theme either, so it should probably also fall back to
its High Contrast theme (it only has black on white by default).

> Press save --> error. The system should switch to high contrast but
> nothing happened
> Go to the PCP and choose high contrast white on black --> error. The
> system should automatically switch to high contrast but nothing happened
In this case, Windows should switch to "High Contrast Black". Fedora
20's default installation does not have such a theme. The closest
alternative is enabling the Magnifier, reducing magnification to 1.0 and
turning on "White on black" (which is strictly speaking a misnomer for
colour inversion).

I still need to run some of my own end-to-end tests :-(

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

"La vie est courte, hélas! et je n'ai pas encore lu tous mes livres!" (d'après Mallarmé).