[Architecture] Saving preferences sets via the FlowManager?

Boyan Sheytanov bsheytanov at asteasolutions.com
Tue Apr 22 04:58:50 EDT 2014

Hi Colin!

I’m somewhat confused about the Smart House. Is it a native-style web
> application, or is it a regular “open it in your browser” web application?
> Can you point me to some documentation that describes how it is integrated
> with the Flow Manager, or to some source code?

It is an "open it in your browser" web application. You can explore it at
https://smarthouse-dev.remex.hdm-stuttgart.de/#/ (it's a dev server, but it
should be fairly stable). Start with the Living room/multimedia system -
other devices are currently being implemented. We have followed the
documentation on the wiki for integration with the cloud-based Flow
Manager:
http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Flow_Manager#Developing_with_the_Cloud-Based_Flow_Managerand
http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Flow_Manager_API. In a nutshell, we are
making a call to
http://flowmanager.gpii.net/carla/settings/{"OS":{"id":"linux"},"solutions":[{"id":"net.gpii.smarthouses"}]}
get the relevant settings. The source code resides in an SVN repository at
HDM and you should ask Christophe for permanent access.

> > 2. Is there other documentation on these topics that I am missing? I
> know I can look directly at the code but that is time-consuming and not
> really welcoming to new developers.
>
> I know the documentation isn’t great, and there’s a lot to be done here.
> Improving it as we go is something we’re all responsible for. I’m happy to
> provide pointers to the Smart House team members to get them started on
> contributing to the Cloud4all documentation.

Such pointers are more than welcome and should be shared with all SP3
implementers. To make sure we are not falling behind on documentation, do
you think it is feasible to make it a requirement for considering a given
task complete? That is, each pull request exposing a new API or changing an
existing one should link to a wiki page documenting it. It might seem like
a big overhead, but it is a good way to keep documentation up to date.

http://www.asteasolutions.com

criminal offense. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
Astea Solutions AD immediately by reply e-mail, and delete this e-mail and
any copies of it.*