[Architecture] [Ux] GPII-594 - Fix keyboard controls for Cursor size slider (Linux)

Chris Petsos cpetsos at certh.gr
Fri Apr 11 04:51:12 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Looks like the role="application" attribute did not solve the case of
the unusable slider with Orca running. Tried it in several places with
no success.
A new clue i've found is that one can make Gecko control the caret in
all web pages by specifying an application-specific setting for Orca.
See here,
https://help.gnome.org/users/orca/stable/preferences_introduction.html.en
that with,
Ctrl+Orca Modifier+Space
while in Firefox, you can access Orca's application-specific settings
for Firefox,
https://help.gnome.org/users/orca/stable/preferences_gecko.html.en
There you can uncheck the "Use Orca Caret Navigation" checkbox so caret
navigation will always be handled by Gecko.
This way, the facilitator can make this adjustment and the user needs
not to know any keyboard shortcut.

Cheers,

Chris.