[Architecture] literal value transformation for Sociable

Christophe Strobbe strobbe at hdm-stuttgart.de
Wed Apr 9 07:09:26 EDT 2014

Hi,

After a Skype chat with Kasper I can now answer my own question :-)

In spite of appearances, "value": "xyz" does not represent the
assignment of the literal value "xyz" but gets the value from the
setting "xyz": "xyz" is an "inputpath" here. ("getValueFrom": "xyz" or
"copyValueFrom": "xyz" would have been less confusing. )

So the transformer for high contrast is a shorthand for:

"highContrastEnabled": {
    transform: {
        "type": "fluid.transforms.value",
        "inputPath":
"display.screenEnhancement.-provisional-highContrastEnabled"
    }
 }

The transformers at
<https://github.com/GPII/universal/blob/master/testData/solutions/win32.json#L290-L293>
use an even more compact syntax than those for Sociable.
This last shorthand has also been used for highContrastEnabled at:
<https://github.com/GPII/universal/blob/master/testData/solutions/web.json#L61>.)

I hope the new section at
<http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Architecture_-_Available_transformation_functions#Value_from_a_Path_.28fluid.transforms.value.29>
is a correct representation of this.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

"La vie est courte, hélas! et je n'ai pas encore lu tous mes livres!" (d'après Mallarmé).