[Architecture] GPII-683 - Dropdown and more/less link is styled problematically in the preference editor

Chris Petsos cpetsos at certh.gr
Fri Apr 4 04:17:45 EDT 2014

Hi Kasper and all,

Regarding GPII-683 - Dropdown and more/less link is styled
problematically in the preference editor
<http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-683> i've done some investigation as
discussed in our previous telcos and realized that it is caused by
GPII-687 - <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-687>Sometimes (5% of the
cases) GPII sets the OS theme to "Unsaved Theme" when high contrast is
enabled with PMT <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-687>. I've also
digged into that a bit and finally found a pattern under which it is
happening (described in the JIRA's comments). In a few words, the almost
instantaneous logout/login that we do when we "Save & apply" causes the
"Unsaved Theme" effect. Now the question is, can we live with that 5%
case not working properly for the pilots or should we have it fixed by
then? Note that the 5% number is a rough estimation and it may be larger
(or smaller) under certain setups. I would expect that by fixing
GPII-539 <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-539>- Settings should be
applied live to the system <http://issues.gpii.net/browse/GPII-539> with
WebSockets this effect will be overcome. Do you think this is the case?
In general, GPII-539 currently blocks GPII-687, GPII-648, GPII-683
directly or inherently, so it would be good to have that fixed some time
soon. As Alex mentioned in yesterday's telco, that will need some work
from the architecture side too, in order to get the Web Sockets
connection work properly.

Thanks,

Chris.