[Architecture] From pilots to release: Logging in GPII/Cloud4All 0.2

Kasper Galschiot Markus kasper at raisingthefloor.org
Wed Jun 12 13:40:53 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

We have set up some mechanisms for logging in relation to the pilot
testing - with the purpose of being able to analyse the results
afterwards, and I guess, generally to be able to see what's going on. It
seems very sensible to me to keep logs post pilot testing as well, but I
was wondering if it makes sense to reconsider what we want logged, how
and where, before merging things into the master repository.

Perhaps we should set up a meeting to discuss plan this, so we can
modify our logging scheme so it's sensible in the longer term... It
might be fine as it is, but since the logging was decided on and
implemented in the heat of the pilots and with pilots (rather than
general use) in mind, it might be worth re-evaluating everything?!

What do you think, should we set up a meeting to plan this? I imagine
that Christophe, Claudia, Colin, Kasper and perhaps Yura or Antranig
should be present at such a discussion.

If everyone agrees, I can set up a doodle poll to find a time.

Kasper Galschiot Markus
Lead Research Engineer,
Raising the Floor - International,
www.raisingthefloor.org