[Architecture] Common Terms Registry

Yura Zenevich yura.zenevich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:14:49 EST 2013

Hi Evgeni,

I just had a chance to take a look at the repo and it looks really good. Overall the structure of the REGISTRY component is exactly what was intended. Perhaps one of the things to keep in mind is the fact that we will support different formats to represent data from the REGISTRY (e.g. .json, .html etc). Perhaps you might start thinking about supporting that additional/optional url parameter within the url.

We are currently working on a new gpii.renderer grade that will let you render html on the server side quite easily.

One general suggestion I have is to perhaps instead of keeping all of the code as a separate repo, you should just make a branch of GPII/universal and put all of the REGISTRY related code into gpii/node_modules/registry. You'll then find it unnecessary to write things like start.js and extra configuration all over again. Also, given that it will probably end up in universal it would be much easier to review and merge your contribution down the road.

Regards,

Yura