[Architecture] RELEASE: GPII Run-time Framework version 0.1

Andy Heath andyheath at axelrod.plus.com
Sat Feb 23 00:53:33 EST 2013

Guys,

I'd like to play with this but don't have a Fedora 17 distribution and
the current distribution is Fedora 18.  Question: will it run under 18
running on VMware ?

Failing that, anyone recommend where I can find an F17 distrib ? the
fedoraproject pages do a good job of hiding old distributions and I
haven't succeeded in finding one anywhere.

axelrod:andy
> Hi Everyone,
>
> The architecture team is happy to announce the release v0.1 of the GPII
> Run-time Framework.
>
> For the details of the release I'll refer to the *Release Notes on the
> wiki
> <http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Cloud4All_Core_Framework_Release_0.1>*,
> but briefly: the framework now contains the core component required to
> run the GPII system under both Fedora 17 and Windows 7. It supports a
> range of methods for handling settings and applications, and integration
> of new applications via JSON configuration files.
>
> The installation instruction for the release can be found on the wiki
> <http://wiki.gpii.net/index.php/Core_(real-time)_Framework_v0.1_-_Installation_Instructions>
>
> Thanks a lot to the architecture team and all contributors, for their
> hard work. This release happens to denote exactly the 500th commit to
> the Universal repository (and a total of 100+ commits for windows/linux
> repos), showing that we haven't exactly been lazy.
>
> Thanks,
> The Architecture Team
>
> -------
> For the nerdy types: