[Architecture] UIO integration questions

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Mon Feb 11 14:25:18 EST 2013

On 2013-01-30, at 8:10 AM, Stoyan Dimitrov wrote:

> I want to ask whether it is possible to add some lines of code in the fluid.cookieStore.save function (which is in Store.js), instead of writing whole new component? In which of the files we tell UIOptions to use the cookieStore component? The only place I can find the name "cookieStore" in any of the  other files is UIEnhancer.js:
> fluid.demands("fluid.uiOptions.store", ["fluid.uiEnhancer"], {
>         funcName: "fluid.cookieStore"
>     });

Stoyan, you should never be directly modifying anything in the Infusion code. This would create a nightmare when trying to upgrade. It's possible to carry out all the customizations you want without having to modify the original code.

I had a look at your branch, and I've pushed some suggested changes to my github repo:

https://github.com/acheetham/universal/tree/PCP_UI-ac

This branch reverts Infusion to the original 1.4 (but unminified, to make it easier to work with for now). I've modified the script in your index.html to contain what I think are the customizations you're trying to carry out, though it's possible I may have missed some.

I've also added a new file, GPIIStore.js, which will replace the default CookieStore once you've written the fetch() and save() functions you want.

Please have a look at the changes I've suggested, and let's talk again tomorrow (Tuesday) morning (well, that would be my morning, your afternoon, I guess). Hopefully, this branch can give you some ideas about how the customizations can be made without modifying Infusion.

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University