[Architecture] Storing JAWS scripts, fonts etc in preferences server?

Gregg Vanderheiden gv at trace.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 15 08:38:26 EST 2012

It was my understanding that things like scripts, vocabularies, and other types of data associated with the product or solution could indeed be stored as part of preferences. We need to be careful because these will often contain identifying information, and people match input passwords and other things into their abbreviation expansion files. So we think about security and identification implications.

Different system fonts is a new thought, at least one high had not been aware of. But it is interesting. I think it would be subject to the same" installation" limitations that might exist on some platforms as would exist for installable solutions.

If this takes work I wouldn't put it on the front burner since we did not promise it. But I would definitely look for an opportunity to consider these, and her architectures should be designed such that they could handle it now or in the future. No?

Other people's thoughts?
Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info
Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org
and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net