swgithen at mtu.edu
Mon Feb 27 05:04:06 UTC 2012
Quick update on what I've been up to.
Firstly, I've been having lot's of fun playing with Boyan's stuff.
Thank you Boyan! I'd never really even thought about how hardware
addition/removal worked, but /etc/udev/rules.d has changed my life!! Not
just with this project, but other stuff I'm working on.
Anyways, for motivation, I made some modifications to the USB Listeners,
did a bit more on the node.js endpoint, and got it to listen adjust the
magnifier when I plugged it in... which was pretty exciting!
(you might need to fullscreen it and click HD to read the text, I'm
probably going to move my videos to somewhere else soon (maybe vimeo)).
Stuff I'm looking at right now:
1) Getting familiar with the code in the PreferencesServer
2) Cleaning up some of the changes and hackery I did for the above
prototype across our repos.
3) Making a proper reusable code module for the gsettings based on our
new way of pulling in other projects into the PreferencesServer repo.
4) For post prototyping, looking at the advantages/disadvantages of
talking to gsettings via either a) exec calls to the gsettings command
line tool, b) standard gsettings API, c) gsettings dbus interface
More information about the Architecture