[Architecture] Git repository layout for desktop personalization

Boyan Sheytanov boyan.sheytanov at asteasolutions.com
Thu Feb 23 13:50:38 UTC 2012

Hi Yura,

It's great that you've already setup submodules! There's another
alternative to them, which is Subtree Merging (
http://progit.org/book/ch6-7.html) - it includes adding the subproject repo
as a remote, then checking it out into its own branch, and then copying it
as a subdirectory in your master branch. It seems fairly easy to use if the
submodules turn out to be causing problems in the long run.