[Architecture] User authentication via USB prototype

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:00:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-20, at 9:07 AM, Boyan Sheytanov <
boyan.sheytanov at asteasolutions.com> wrote:

3. A flaw of the architecture as I see it is the number of Node.js servers
that will be running on a single local machine. This can be solved by
making them modules of a single server listening on different paths, but
still any reduction in the number of servers will make the architecture
more robust and decrease the communication overhead.

Therefore, I was thinking of getting rid of the Node.js server in the user
listener I implemented. A call to the flow manager in this case would be
made directly from the script. I'd like to hear your comments on that, via
email or on tomorrow's meeting.

Sounds like some confusion with regards to the architecture here. The
intention was only to have a single instance of Node.js running, with each
component in the system mounted at a particular URL. So yes, I agree.

Colin