[Architecture] More options from Couch....

Antranig Basman antranig.basman at colorado.edu
Sat Feb 18 09:06:58 UTC 2012

In view of our discussions last month about persistence solutions leading from CouchDB (particularly, the
different strategy by CouchBase) I discovered just now another direction from there, namely "bigcouch"
referred to in this post:

http://dieswaytoofast.blogspot.com/2012/02/migrating-from-couchdb-to.html

https://github.com/cloudant/bigcouch

"Clusters behave according to concepts outlined in Amazon's Dynamo paper, namely that each BigCouch node can
accept requests, data is placed on partitions based on a consistent hashing algorithm, and quorum protocols
are used for read/write operations."

Personally, this route sounds more attractive to me, since it seems likely to preserve more of CouchDB's
core virtues (REST API, master-to-master replication) whilst addressing its stability and deployment issues.
But who knows! This terrain changes every week or so :)

Antranig