[Architecture] [Profiles] TextHelp

Gregg Vanderheiden gv at trace.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 8 15:12:47 UTC 2012

Denis I think it would be good for you to join the profiles group, and the Tuesday discussions. (see below) You can better understand and contribute in this way.

Also we should break this discussion and move it to the profiles list.  Cross posting on two lists is not a good general practice.  I did it for a simple question but even there I SHOULD have made two queries rather than a cross post.

At any rate - the model is somewhat different than in think you understand.  But come on over and see.

We will have shared settings Name-Value pairs that are infinitely expandable to cover all types of settings.  The goal in using shared name-value pairs is that values for one device or context can be used to inform setting for other devices or device-contexts when those are not known.    Each device still can have its own settings.   It is just advisable to use generic to allow users to have best matching in new situations and with new technologies.

Vendors will do what they will do -- based on what is in their best interest.  One of our goals is to make the user's interests become vendors interests through awareness and eduction of users.

Tuesday meeting is at 2 pm EASTERN
call in info is below

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering
University of Wisconsin-Madison

http://Raisingthefloor.org   ---   http://GPII.net

CALL IN FOR TUESDAY MEETING

1.  You can join the meeting at FREE by using the following URL
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/705233502

Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.
BE SURE TO SET THE AUDIO TO    "Microphone and Speaker"   if it is set to Telephone when you sign on.

2. Or, call in using your telephone.
Meeting ID: 705-233-502

Australia: +61 (0) 7 3123 6029
Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1400