[Architecture] gsettings prototyping

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:07:30 UTC 2012

I don't think anyone is working on the TextHelp settings yet. Where did you
you post them? We'll take a look!

Colin

On 2012-02-07, at 10:04 PM, Gregg Vanderheiden <gv at trace.wisc.edu> wrote:

Is someone going through the TextHelp settings file I posted awhile ago and
sorting out the settings?

Suggest we sort them into

1) Generic
2) subsettings
3) Platform/Context/other    related settings.

We might also want to group them by

Visual Parameters (including captions on/off and format)
Audio-non-speech Parameters
Speech Output Parameters
Other Parameters

May group more than this if any category gets really large

Primarily purpose for categories is to make search sorter if you want to
see if a new parameter is already there or needs to be added.

I would not DROP any -- no matter how arcane -- at this point but rather
capture them under "OTHER"  so we can see what strange settings are useful
to AT

I am asking so that we don't duplicate work.    If someone already working
on this -- great.

thx

*Gregg*
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.