[Architecture] gsettings prototyping

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Sun Feb 5 17:54:06 UTC 2012

Hi all,

In addition to going back and catching up on the threads with the
architecture and payload examples, I finished my first set of prototypes
to get up to speed on stack, mostly for gsettings and node extensions.
It's essentially writing/reading from a custom gsettings schema from
dconf-editor, a C and a Python GTK+ app, and a one page node.js express
app using a custom C extension to call the gsettings api.

I cut every corner possible to get the whole thing working as fast as
possible, but I did write the node.js C extension from scratch, and the
environment actually has a pretty nice build toolchain I think.

http://blip.tv/sakai-languages-and-oss-jvm-technologies/node-js-and-gsettings-prototype-5935441

https://github.com/sgithens/gpiistack

Cheers,
Steve