[Architecture] Personas (Re: Architecture Meeting Minutes)

Christophe Strobbe christophestrobbe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 13:14:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

In yesterday's architecture call, I referred to the AEGIS personas, which are available under Creative Commons licence: <http://www.aegis-project.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=53> (and based on user research, of course).
I have now also looked at the WSIS_Matrix.xlsx spreadsheet to see which AEGIS personas would match with what you have in the spreadsheet:
* low vision (moderate): possibly Märta Hansson (macular degeneration; uses magnification, i.e. Zoomtext, and speech output).
* low vision (severe): no good match; Mikel Vargas (severe motor problems) and Nitesh Sarin (dyslexic, colour blind) also use magnification, but not with a high magnification level.
* child with physical disability; headpointer/voice (no hands operation): the AEGIS personas do not include children; personas with severe motor problems are Mikel Vargas and Jane Brown (cerebral palsy).
* blind: Paulina Reyes.

* elder person US - Cog/mem: no exact match: Peter Vandezande (63 years old, multiple sclerosis; memory loss; reduced dexterity), Adam Ljung (21 years old, learning disability), Wayne Edwards (52 years old, global aphasia; short term memory loss); none of them lives in the US.

* Farmer Sudan, lang/literacy: AEGIS has no personas from Africa; there are personas with "slight cognitive limitations", i.e. Adam Ljung (learning disability), Nitesh Sarin (dyslexia) and Peter Vandezande (memory loss) and personas with aphasia, i.e. Carlos Portillo (moderate aphasia; paraphasia) and Wayne Edwards.

* deaf/heard of hearing: Tomasa Almaraz (deaf); Edward Hodgins (moderate hearing loss).

You can find other personas with disabilities at <http://curbcut.net/accessibility/personas-of-persons-with-disabilities/>and <http://www.uiaccess.com/accessucd/personas_eg.html>.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Christophe